12-hour Research Course:
- Students must write a 2-3-page double-spaced research paper OR create a 5 minute, well-rehearsed video
- Research papers should use12-point Times New Roman font (that’s the one I’m using now)
- Choose one of the topics below and expand on it. Let your instructor know what you plan to do by Wednesday or Thursday this week.
- Please use at least two sources and list them at the end of the paper or video.
- If you choose the video option, the videos should be loaded onto YouTube or some other easily accessible video viewing platform. You can make the video private and send the link to the instructor.
Topic and Format Suggestions:
a) Conduct one or more interviews on a class topic and then report in a paper or video.
b) Observe how people communicate (verbally and non-verbally) in America. How do communication styles compare with those of your home country?
c) Research how one learns to overcome speaking, listening, reading OR writing challenges in a second language.
d) Explore the field or industry you plan to work in and investigate it.
You will meet with the instructor once to discuss your assignment
You will receive your certificate once you have submitted an acceptable assignment.
Program Dates: One month (revolving)
Format: This hybrid course;
Tuition Cost: $100
Certificates: Certificates will be emailed to you upon successful completion of the course. Register with the exact name you would like printed on the certificate. There will be no reprints for spelling errors or incomplete names.
Registration: Click "Purchase" below to register for the course.
Refund Policy: 100% refund until after the first class meeting. 0% Refund after the 2nd class meeting. Refund requests must be made by email to the director email@example.com before the 2nd class meeting.
Contact: Program director Jason Tannenbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-740-6771.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education